Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Forest For The Trees-mixed media project

hey there-It's been a long long time since I've posted and usually I post my mixed media work to my other blog at homemadecircus.com, my place for all my work that is 3 dimensional and non-digital, but in this case I'm making an exception because I'm so excited about this project! I made a lighted sculpture entitled "Forest For The Trees"(pictured in a previous post here) a few months ago and a photographer named Jenny Wheat saw it at a sho. She asked me if I had ever thought of making my piece life-sized and I definitely had, so she offered to do the photography and digital rendering if I built the dress. Fast forward several months and we have the finished product. I SHOULD be getting ready for Surtex (and definitely am) but had to show you the results of our collaboration. Here is Jenny's photo below and if you click on the link, it will take you to the video that tells the story. Hope you like it.
http://video214.com/play/jPkuCuEdCJxDx7yiuX42aw/s/dark


No comments:

Post a Comment