Friday, June 6, 2014

Cool Summer Pasta Salad

I just love a good pasta salad in the summer don't you? In fact, sometimes I'll find myself daydreaming about making this salad in the frozen throes of winter, but I usually put off actually doing it until I can use the fresh herbs from my garden because that's the BEST. If you don't have your own herbs growing, don't fret. As you probably know most everything's available at your local farmer's market or grocery store. I hope you enjoy this first easy and healthy taste of summer.

   Cool Summer Pasta Salad

1 cup Canola oil (or combo oil:
olive, sunflower and Canola)
1/3 cup wine vinegar
fresh crushed garlic-1 clove
few shakes sea salt
few sprinkles black pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp dill weed
1-2 Tbsp chopped: basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley
3 Tbsp lite sour cream (or unflavored yogurt)
1/4 cup scallions, chopped
8 oz tricolor pasta
handful chopped baby carrots
greens:arugula, chard, leaf lettuces, etc.

Optional:
1/2-1 cup chopped cheeses: use your favorite cheeses
(I use mozzarella, sharp cheddar and swiss)

Cook noodles in water until al dente. Rinse, drain well and refrigerate.
Add all above ingredients together except for lettuces and cheese.
Whisk together until mixed well, then pour over drained and cooled pasta.
Add cheeses-mix well. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the pasta salad over a plate filled with greens and dig in!



No comments:

Post a Comment