Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Countdown to Chitown 1: Millennium Park print

Getting ready for Renegade Craft Fair is really incredible...I'm so looking forward to it but having never been IN it before, I'm not sure how much product to bring so each day I'm making lists and adding, subtracting, adding again..anyway, I thought I'd take a break from the waffling and showcase one of my new 8 x 10 prints each day. Today is my Millennium Park print. I'll have these along with an 11 x 14 version of my larger Chicago print at Booth 229. I'm also bringing matching Chicago tea towels, pillows, blank cards, and glass cutting boards as well. The cutting board will have this image on it too.
A bit about Millennium Park:
It is a public park located in the Loop community area of Chicago, IL and was originally intended to celebrate the millennium. From the 1850s until 1997 the land where the park now stands was controlled by the Illinois Central Railroad. This park was conceived in late 1997 when Mayor Richard M. Daley's vision turned the area into the beautiful public use space that it is today. Renowned architect Frank Gehry was an important and integral part of the gorgeous park that you now see and enjoy today.



No comments:

Post a Comment