Friday, June 15, 2012

Art Everywhere


Okay, so the dust has settled after my trip to New York and Surtex!  I have finally had a chance to review my photos of NYC and forgot about this wonderful picture. 
 While walking the city before the show, I came across this amazing art in the heart of the city, but in a “quiet” neighborhood.  What a pleasant surprise to come across this art at PS#11!  What I love about this is the color, the pattern, and the overall feel that comes from finding this unique visual in the middle of a busy city.  This was my route to the Surtex show every morning and what a great way to start the day – I wonder if the students of PS#11 feel the same way? 
This picture makes you stop.  It is inspiring.  It makes you smile. . .
PS#11  was hosting a bake sale while I was there which helps support the school . . . Who does want to help a school with yummy baked goods?  I had to buy some for a treat later in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment